Tuner

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:56:43 -0600

Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John M. Formsma=20
  To: Joe & Penny Goss=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 8:00 PM
  Subject: RE: Tuner

  Joe,

  Is it necessary to go thru twice on each tuning, or can you calculate =
tunings based on 6 (or more) notes? =20

  Yes to both questions

   How do 45 min tunings w/ the Verituner sound?
  More like 1:30 to 2:00 total time  ( GREAT )

   Is it constantly recalculating on the first pass?
  Yes. It takes about 10 seconds to fill the partials on each note as =
you are working.

   Does it calculate as you are moving the lever,
  Yes and sometimes a problem when doing a pitch raise as the unit =
switches its target.
  Have gotten arround this by watching the first reading overpull before =
moving the string.

   or could it calculate a tuning based on all the notes by simply =
playing all of them before tuning?
  yes but not advisable on a pitch raise tuning.

  When doing a fine tuning, the manual suggests taking A 1   2    3    4 =
   5    and 6 then starting on A4 chromatically to the top then G4 to =
the bottom.=20

   Overall the Verituner is much slower to change notes and at the =
present time adds about an hour to my tuning time.
  With use the tuning time should approach that of the SATlll.

  Thanks,

  John