Keyboard frame question

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:31:04 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "jolly roger" <baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 21, 2001 10:24 PM
Subject: RE: Keyboard frame question

> >I was surprised some time ago to be told by the S&S shop headquarter,
that
> >the frame had to be bedded without the blocks.
>
> Hi Isaac,
>               This my preference, but I check it both ways, both for
> bedding and after touch.

Interesting. During the 70s and 80s S&S practice was to bed the keyframe
with the ends just off the keybed surface so that the blocks would pull them
down slightly when seated and screwed in place. The idea, I was told, was to
be sure the front rail would remain snug to the keybed surface even if the
rail were to warp slightly.

Del