THIS SAYS IT ALL!!!!! (OT)

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:57:54 -0400

At 10:15 PM -0400 10/23/01, Greg Newell wrote:
>Clyde,
>     I've not followed this too closely but I'm somewhat confused by
>your reply here. In the first paragraph >you seem to condemn the
>practice of inventing one's own God. A practice I too do not agree
>with. In the >second paragraph you correctly state that the God most
>posts seem to be talking about is the God the >founding fathers
>placed their faith in which indeed is the God of the Holy Bible.
>Your last statement >leads me to confusion.

I'd agree historically, but then history is written by the winners,
and the Christian Europeans certainly won on this continent.

>"Currently, it's a whole different ballgame for a lot of people."
>Please explain.

Clyde may be referring to the fact that this country's population is
composed of many ethnic and religious backgrounds, and that
Christianity's historical seniority in this nation may not have as
much currency nowadays.

The subject of God and Man, and who is making whom in whose image is
a very tricky one.

BTW, I got those bridle tapes on alright.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"The truth is inside you, Don Octavio. I cannot help you find that."
     ...........The mother of a delusional patient to his psychiatrist
in "Don Juan DeMarco"