Yamaha Quits Schaff

robert goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:25:53 -0500

Bill Ballard wrote:

> Dear List.
>
> Has anyone one tried to order Yamaha tools or parts from Schaff
> recently. Apparently, Yamaha will no longer supply anything under its
> brand name, to Schaff. Existing back orders are being honored but no
> further orders are being taken. Yamaha expects to finish out all
> deliveries to Scaff by the end of November.

I hadn't heard.  That is really stupid, Schaff was an convenient place to
buy Yamaha parts.  What's wrong, Yamaha afraid of not getting top billing
AGAIN?  Stupid, stupid stupid.  Guess I just won't be using Yamaha.  "If
it doesn't have 9,451,357,367,124,564 genuine Yamaha parts then it's not
a Yamaha".  (Oops sorry, that's Steinway's stupidity).

Rob Goodale, RPT.