Duplex

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:42:25 -0600

Hi Dan,

I am sure you have experience and I respect all the gentlemen you have
mentioned in your email. Hopefully you may wish to give a precis of what
you know about this area--and help us all. My post was not meant as a put
down in any way, but rather as a point of view and a contribution to the
discussion.

If the duplex is excited then it draws energy from the string--it may well
be that energy feeds back slowing decay and increasing sustain.

At 02:24 AM 10/26/2001 EDT, you wrote:
>Dear Don,
>
>your interest in duplex scale tuning should be referred to other technicians
>with greater credits than mine. I refer you to Hermann Helmholtz and CFT
>Steinway. they invented the duplex scale. My only contribution is developing
>a method to tune it.
>
>As far as band pass filters absorbing frequencies, I cannot comment. I can
>only state with twenty years of experience and limitless backup, that tuning
>the duplex scale of duplex scale designed pianos contributes to the sustain
>and quality of tone of these pianos.
>
>Dan Franklin, RPT

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com