Silencing a piano

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 10:32:18 -0800

This is an old thread, but you might be interested in how it turned out.  Since
the idea was to reduce the sound being transmitted to the neighbor downstairs
and not necessarily the total sound production, the first step was to make felt
pads out of hammer felt trimming using the two-glue method pioneered by Susan
("Tuglu") Kline and place them under matching wood caster cups sold by Schaff.
I also ordered the acoustic foam baffles for the underside from Judi Edwards.
I'm pretty sure the baffles will have more effect than the pads and cups, but
between the two they will hopefully do the trick.

Paul Larudee