Eterna Piano

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:05:23 -0800

The only Eterna pianos that have been built for the US climate are 44 inches tall and look a lot like the Yamaha piano model M1.  If you have a 48 inch (U1 size) Eterna it was built for the Japanese domestic market.

Mark Wisner
Piano Service
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com

>>> nhunt@optonline.net 10/28/01 11:52AM >>>
DOes anyone know of, had experience with or have information about a
piano called Eterna.  It is an exact copy of a Yamaha U1.  So much so
that I can not tell the difference except for the hammer heels.  Keys,
plate, action and hammers are the same as Yamaha.

Unfortunately the dealer put a plate saying "yamaha" to cover the
original name.  My concern is that it is a "gray market" piano brought
here from Japan or other similar places but is not make for this
climate.  The tuning pins are on the loose side and could be looser by
spring time.

It needs regulation but the hammers have been files (fairly well) but
otherwise it is a good piano.

Any information would be appreciated since I have to make a
recommendation tot he customer about buying the instrument.  She plays
clarinet but needs a piano for her studio.

It is not listed in my 7th Pierce.

Thank you.

		Newton
		NJ