bouncing hammers

victor belanger vbela@MIT.EDU
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:09:12 -0500

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I am not sure of the year. I think I wrote down the wrong number because it
does not make sense. Replacement hammers are on now. Renners.

Tails are fine. Besides that would not be part of the picture since
checking is not a part of this kind of playing.

The whippens have the helper spring on them.
I screwed around with that a bit with no difference.

>From: J Patrick Draine
>
>Dear Victor,
>What's the vintage of this M&H? Are we talking about E. Rochester
>hammers or more recent replacements? How well are the tails
>shaped/proper length?
>
>Patrick

The keys down seem to be sluggish. Don't know when it has been rebushed,
but I can guess that it has been a very ong time. They could use it. Not a
whole lot of lead in front.
51g downweight in the bass more than 20g Upweight in general

>Sluggish key return?  Ease the bushings and balance rail hole.
>Excessive lead in the front?  What's the Touchweight?
>
>Regards,
>
>Jon Page,   piano technician
>Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.

I do like the idea of the rest rail too bouncy. Will give that a look next
time I go and see it.

Thanks again

Victor Belanger
Somerville, MA