key pin lubrication

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:12:10 -0600

Hi Newton,
            I would like to echo your sentiments on the topic.   The Pro
Lub has a polymer designed to adhere to the metal, and retard oxidization,
as well as being low friction.  For low friction, also iron the bushing
cloth with a warm iron, to lay the nap down and set the felt.  ( Caul's
availiable from Piano Tech)
I will also add, fitting the balance rail hole correctly, is also of great
importance.
With out this being done correctly, any weight off is meaningless.   When
rebuilding an action, we complete the keybed work first, with the old
action parts, to do our touch weight analysis.   This makes sense to me, to
remove one of the variables before making other changes.

Regards Roger