Quality of Pianos

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:44:02 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "antares" <antares@EURONET.NL>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 30, 2001 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: Quality of Pianos

> I totally agree with Richard.
> In the past I have tuned countless Petrofs.
> I have the feeling that in the US Petrofs have a different image than in
> Europe.
>
> friendly greetings
> from
>
> Antares,

They probably do. I've yet to encounter anyone who has purchased a Petrof
based on their quality of construction and/or workmanship--the owners seem
rather ambivalent about that. In my experience Petrof's tend to be purchased
because they are one of the very few new pianos available that doesn't sound
rock hard and strident right from the showroom floor. It seems that even a
minimal level of musicality will sell regardless of construction and/or
assembly quality.

Regards,

Del