split bridge

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:51:06 -0700

bit of lacquer thinner was compromising the strength of the epoxy. =20

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Garrett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: August 31, 2001 5:47 PM
  Subject: Re: split bridge

  David,
  It is not adviseable to "clamp" epoxy. Use a gap filling type and just =
let it set to almost, then clean up by scraping, etc. Also not =
adviseable to use the compatible solvent, of which there are two, (there =
may be more), Alcohol and lacquer thinner are verboten, it will simply =
break down the strenght of the epoxy. I personally use "steel epoxy" for =
this kind of repair.
  regards,
  Joe Garrett
    ----- Original Message -----=20