split bridge

Sat, 1 Sep 2001 09:42:54 -0700

Well, that was interesting. I stopped to check the spelling of colloidal =
silica and MS Outlook Express decided to send my incomplete post and =
crash my computer. I had to reboot the bloody thing to get it all =
working again. Sure glad MS doesn't build airplanes...

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Servinsky=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: September 01, 2001 5:36 AM
  Subject: Re: split bridge

  Del,
  Might want to mention that West does provide the thickening material =
for changing viscosity. #403 Micofibers Adhesive is the name.
  Tom Servinsky,RPT

Yes. They sell it all. Including the colloidal silica. And a few =
others--powdered aluminum (typically the filler used in 'liquid steel'), =
powdered graphite (great stuff to fill holes in the keybed under the =
action glide bolts), and a few other interesting powders and goops. I =
just finished off a couple of bags of their fairing powder--a type of =
phenolic micro-balloon that gives the matrix good sanding properties--to =
smooth out the cauls on our rim press. All good stuff. We also use quite =
a lot of wood flour that we generate ourselves from our stroke sander.

They have an excellent instruction manual that is available for just a =
few bucks--free if you buy enough stuff, but most of you won't. I =
strongly advise anyone just starting out using epoxy to get one and =
study it before getting your hands to messy. Another good instruction =
book--and epoxy system--is by System Three. Both have good web sites.=20

Regards,

Del