improving bass tone without replacing strings/hammers?

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 09:56:05 -0700 (PDT)

I said it has OK tone, but I also said that some notes
aren't up to the level of tone of surrounding notes
and I want to know how to improve those notes.  I've
already cleaned & twisted the strings.  Do you think
fixing the crack in the bridge might help?