improving bass tone without replacing strings/hammers?

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 15:58:40 -0700 (PDT)

What would you say individual replacement bass strings
might cost?  I'm thinking I might like to try it with
notes A1, B3, C4, F9 (all monochord), B15, C16, C#17,
B27 (all bichord).  I do have a little money to spend,
but I haven't yet made a decision as to whether I want
to do it right now or not.