Stability of pitch raises (Ron's Question)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 12:05:31 -0700

Ron,
To directly give you my answer, of why I charge for pitch raises: 1. My ETD
cost big bucks. It makes it easier to do the dreaded job of pitchraising and
makes me a much less grumpy person. (No more yelling at the kids, kicking
the dog, etc.) <that's intended as a joke folks, so no comments about the
dog. ok?)
2. It costs big bucks to attend the conventions and keep on the leading edge
of our industry. I should reap these benefits, directly, even though my
customers also benefit.
3. In the first years of my career, it bothered me that I was charging the
same price for a conscientious, regular client, as the smuck that only tunes
his Pianer once every 10 years, wether it needs it or not. IMHO, the "smuck"
should pay more!
regards,
Joe Garrett