FW: grooved capo on Baldwin L

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 20:53:25 EDT

jgrassi@silverlink.net writes:

> d_tonyan@hotmail.com>

John

I had a similar problem with a similar vintage Baldwin L. On this piano, the
string kept breaking too.

I reduce the tension of about 3 notes, and then using wet and dry sandpaper,
backed with tape, I polished the capo bar. It doesn't take much polishing to
solve the problem. I will take about 2 hours. You will need to retune a
couple of times, of course.

As far as the height of the string on the accujust, according to Baldwin,
there isn't any magic number. Just measure what is there, and duplicate it. I
used a piece of wood with a notch in it, and sanded it to the right
thickness. You don't have to measure each hitch pin. Just do them all the
same.

Willem Blees