Betsy Ross pianos

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:38:04 -0500

At 10:47 09/04/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>It's your choice.
>
>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin

With all this discussion of Lester's Betsy Ross spinets (near and dear to
my heart as they are),  nobody has mentioned one thing which I have noticed.

Tuning stability.

I like the little beasties, not only because of all the repair dollars
they've brought me, but every one in my clientele holds a tune better than
many more expensive makes.  The scale may make tuning them a challenge, but
they stay where you put them.  If it weren't for breaking elbows, people
wouldn't know when to tune them....
YMMV

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)
=== Note new area code === mandatory 1 December 2001  ===

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin and Hobbes