Betsy Ross pianos

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:56:20 -0500

>Hi, all!  Guess what I got to work on first thing this morning?  A
>Lester spinet (1957) with the waterfall keys.  It didn't say Betsy Ross
>anywhere on it.  Would it necessarily?  Is it a "Betsy Ross?"

Not necessarily, but a Betsy Ross by any other name, would still smell...
The Lester folks had ambition, and didn't limit themselves to just one
awful model. In all fairness, I have had the occasional harmless and
relatively pleasant experience with what I can only assume were harmless
and relatively pleasant Lesters. There are a few out there waiting.

>Anyway, it wasn't such a pleasure to tune...  I've done it several times
>before, most recently last February.  My notes say that I pulled it up
>to A440 from about 20 cents flat.  Today I found it about 20 cents sharp
>(and higher) throughout.  Lots of false beats.  Not the greatest, but at
>least nothing broke on me!
>
>Rozan Brown
>Madison, WI

Last tuned in November huh? BTW, what is it with last Friday and Lesters?
That's three of us now, isn't it?

Ron N