Baldwin SD-10

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 22:12:02 -0500

>The soundboard is in quite good shape.  No cracks or obvious flaws.
>Seems to have good crown in all measurable areas.  Finish is in good
>shape.  Plucking indicates decent sustain.  Good power in the lower
>end.  A little harder to tell in the upper end as the hammers are
>completely worn out, but once again plucking indicates good potential.
>
>Phil

While the sound of the low end is nearly never indicative of the condition
of anything but the bass strings, if crown is adequate and playing and
plucking produces adequate tone and sustain in the mid-upper treble, then
I'd say full speed ahead. I'd coagulate the bridges back together with
whatever I felt was appropriate, repin, re-notch, and restring.

Ron N