Appraisal check List

Doepke Family doepke@fwi.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 08:57:34 -0500

Hi Mike,
I tried to look up the  "pianofinder" website but it could not be found.
Could it be misspelled?

Brian Doepke
doepke@fwi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Mike and Jane Spalding
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 9:55 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Appraisal check List

Brian,

1.  Larry Fine's "Piano Book" has a very thorough section on inspecting /
appraising, although it is aimed at the consumer, not the trained
technician.

2.  The Randy Potter course has good inspection / appraisal guidance.

3.  www.pianofinder.com recently sent me a spam ("We were referred to you by
the ptg.org website").  They are trying, apparently, to assemble a
nationwide network of piano technicians to support their internet
marketplace.  These techs would do appraisals and other tech work for
long-distance buyers and sellers.  The 5-page pianofinder appraisal form can
be viewed at their site.  It looks like a very good form.

Mike