Seiler Job

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:23:18 +0200

Hi David, and thankyou for your input. Since both you and the others all
recommend to deal with friction first, I certainly will start there. Other then
that you put your finger on something I didnt mention when posting the samples
data for this set. You mention a "normal whippen leverage". What I have run into
so far doing these is that WBW usually ends up around 9.0 to 9.5 grams. (KR
times WR). In this case I have a resulting average WBW wayyyy over that, around
11 grams. KR is 5,2 -5,3 and I aggree that below that one starts running into
problems with dip/blow.....whippen travel distance really...

I am not quite sure what the significance of this particular WBW average is.
Interestingly enough tho if I shoot for a Balance Weight of 40 then everything
works out fine by otherwise treating the system as a 38 BW, 9 WBW specified
system.... If you rewrite the equation of balance to solve for FW  you have
(R*SW) - BW + WBW on the other side of the equation. ( -40 + 11 is the same as
-38 + 9) Course I dont know if I can get away with this in practice... :) Hav'nt
come so far yet.

Anyways whippen leverage is not what I am used to it being. I am not used to
looking at the knuckle radius or distance from center as it is not directly a
part of Stanwoods published Balance Equation. Tho when I get time and money to
get certified he no doubt will clue me in on how that fits into his program. But
I can certainly check those out and post them tommorrow.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.