keyslip

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 01:13:04 -0600

>I often run into grand pianos with keys rubbing on the keyslip.  I have
tried
various methods for repairing the problem, but would like to pick the
collective minds of the fine folks on this list.

In the past I have tried shimming the keyframe with front rail punchings.  I
have also tried a screw in the keyframe.  First I check the strike point on
note #88.  If I can improve the tone by adjusting the cheek block hold downs
I will.

My problem with shimming is, if the customer wants to use the una corda
pedal, there is sometimes too much friction for the action to return
properly.<

Don't shim between the front rail and the keyslip, but rather between the
keyblocks and the keyslip.
--Dave Nereson, RPT, Denver