Tuneoff challenge

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 07:25:14 -0400

I, for one have a strong opinion regarding aural or ETD-assisted tuning: =
Aural tuning is the way to tune a piano, and an ETD can be a very useful =
tool. Also, I would love to WATCH such a tune-off!

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 8:16 PM
  Subject: Re: Tuneoff challenge

  Jim and everybody,=20
  Well, I for one would be most interested in this.  And I believe it =
would indeed be educational for those on the list who hold strong =
opinions on the superiority or either aural or ETD-assisted tuning.  I =
am well aware of the tune-offs between Dr. J Coleman and Virgil Smith =
and the outcomes, although unfortunately I was not present for them.=20

  But under no condition would this David (me) take on one of those =
Goliaths!  I will let that up to one of the rest of you.  :-)=20

  Regards,=20
  Clyde=20

  "Jim Coleman, Sr." wrote:=20

    Hey Ric:=20
    Would you be up to a Tuneoff in Chicago this summer with me?  <big =
snip>  Of course, if there is enough interest shown in another Tuneoff, =
we should let the Institute Committee make their comments on it if this =
is to happen at all. They are the ones who would make any final =
decisions as to this happening at a Convention.

    What do you the other readers say?=20
    Jim Coleman, Sr.