Haunted House....and cleaning fees

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 06:55:41 -0400

Corey,

Welcome to the list.  I charge the same hourly rate for everything I do unless I
have a predetermined standard fee for some things that usually take about the
same amoutn of time for each piano.  Cleaning the inside of a piano can't be done
by the cleaning lady; it is very specialized work.

But four hours is a long time for cleaning, so for sure you would want to give
the client an estimate before you start so they don't raise the roof later.  When
giving the estimate you might also want to politely say that you require that the
work be done before you will do anything else, if you feel that way, then be
prepared to walk away from the whole job if they refuse.  (You would still charge
for your evaluation, of course.)

Regards, Clyde