structural members

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:34:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/2001 11:17:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
nhunt@optonline.net writes:

> Ask yourself this.  Does this piano stay in tune well?  Has it stood the
> test of
> time?  Will it collapse tomorrow at 10:00 pm to scare you to death?

Newton,

No, this piano has not stood the test of time.  I wonder if the condition of
the pinblock is indicative of an unstable structure constantly going out of
tune, needing more tunings and greater pitch adjustments each time than one
would normally expect.  The last owner inherited the piano many years ago and
didn't know any of its history.

Thanks for the input.

Andrew Remillard