Oxford Premium Spray Lacquer

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:48:54 -0400

Mike,
    I have no idea what manufacturers are using these days. I suspect
most of these new pianos are poly's of some flavor or another but I
don't know if they're water based or not. The reason not to use steel
wool before spraying (or brushing) a water based product is that the
water will cause the very small particles left behind to rust. They are
imbedded in the finish and make removing the finish you just applied the
only resolution. Using water when rubbing out the finish is different
because the water isn't part of the finish you're applying. Make sense?
Easier just to stay away from wool altogether if you can. Just my 2
cents.

Greg

--
Greg Newell