Bridge pin spacing (was Baldwin SD-10)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 20:14:43 -0500

>We were shown laser cut steel bridge pin marking templates at the M&H
>factory this Spring. These index off of the plate, and so ought to
>provide good, repeatable (sideways) positions. Bruce Clark (is this
>right?) specified that these had been designed with the idea that either
>the force exerted on the pins, or at least their angles would be all the
>same.

I bet they were very shiny too. Aside from the LASER CUT excess endorphin
inducer, they probably work extremely well. I am curious though, which it
is - angle or force. Not that it's critical either way within reasonable
ranges, but...

>I think they set bridge height, and drill and notch by hand, and right
>next to the fancy cnc drill...
>
>Clark

Yea, but it makes a terrific cup of coffee, balances your checkbook, sends
back those ubiquitous Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes things,
remembers your adversary, and sends your mother flowers on her birthday.

Ron N