junking pianos

Charles E Faulk cfaulk2@juno.com
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 15:34:05 -0500

Mucho dittos here. I have disassembled at least six old uprights just for
the lumber. For instance, the side panels sometimes have a good 1 1/2" of
solid ash core wood, better than you can find at your nearest hardwood
shop. The back posts are often made of either ash or, on rare occasions,
hard maple ... just perfect for turnings, table legs, etc. If anyone
wants to travel to good ole Kansas, I'll give you a tour of my piano
parts furniture menagerie. Such fun.

Charles Faulk

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.