Shigeru Kawai regulation

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 15:00:20 +0200

thepianoarts wrote:

>     I beleive the reasoning for the earlier than usual drop, is that there
> is a smoother feel if drop and let-off are spaced slightly.
>   Dan

I have used as early as possible (from a "what works" perspective) a drop for
as long as I can remember for precisely this reason. There are of course
limits, but I often see 3 mm or more of resultant hammer drop, and thats just
not neccessary, nor (in my book) desirable.

I like drop and let off contact points to engage either exactly at the same
time, or drop screw just barely barely first. Works and feels great.... lasts a
long time. :)
JMHO

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.