Schimmel/Tight Renner shammer flange centers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 11:49:12 -0500

Hi Patrick,
                 The key fitting and hot box solution is a safe and easy
way to find out what is going on, do it in two stages.
1. Dry the action down and show the customer the improvement if any.   Then
they will realise you have have only dried the action.
Under those conditions I would doubt a damp chaser will solve this problem.
2. Fit and lubricate the keys and pins.
If the drying solves the problem,  Lub with silicone and naptha.  If
problem returns, then suggest complete repinning.

Actions like this, and with plating problems, I will warn a customer of all
options, to prepare them for the fairly expensive job of complete reamimg
and repinning.   This type of problem has a way of continually haunting you
with call backs if not handled right.
So prepare the customer as soon as possible.

Roger