naphtha + mineral oil / silicon + naphtha

Ojaituner2@AOL.COM Ojaituner2@AOL.COM
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:21:35 EDT

Hello List,

Would like to weigh in on this subject. I too saw demonstration put on by
Wurlitzer at a National back about 1978.
I have used the silicone naphtha treatment on a regular basis to deal with
sluggish centers and have never experienced any of the problems for which it
has been labeled with.
This stuff works when nothing else will and I have also had sustained success
on verdigris action centers where I have been able to follow the treatment
for over ten years.
I also feel that it makes shrinking centers more stable and seems to help in
not over shrinking.
The main concern is to use it in open air or with good exhaust and give the
action a chance to air out well before putting it back in the piano. I always
bring the action back to the shop where I can tighten the flange screws first
and blow the dirt out so that I am not washing dirt and dust into the works.
Thankyou to the list, for all the good info all around.
Dennis Ashly