naptha+mineral oil/silicon+naptha

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 20:18:19 -0700

    David wrote:=20
   =20
    "AAAHHH, This makes sense to me!  The voice of reason?  I am not =
totally sure=20
but it sure seems reasonable to me.  By the way, it seems odd to me that =
WD40=20
when used to lubricate metal parts only lasts a very short time i.e. a=20
squeaky door hinge that in a very short time becomes squeaky again, but =
seems=20
to expand and spread when used in a piano action.  The only thing I have =
ever=20
found WD40 useful for is chasing moisture out of a distributor cap."
David Koelzer
       =20
   =20
    Speaking of door hinges, and my on-going support for the uses of =
Protek CLP, I had a door hinge on my front door that squeaked, =
annoyingly, so I got out my little squirt bottle full of CLP and put =
some on it. A year later, not only does it not squeak, it closes too =
easily! If I leave it open all the way, it will, in a few seconds, start =
to close hard enough to catch the latch. I'm telling you people, it =
works on the metal, not the bushing.=20
    As I earlier reported, sometimes I will put it on an eye-shadow =
sponge thingee, and hit the front key pins with it. I have had more than =
a dozen people comment on how I have improved the touch on their pianos =
just from this one simple action.=20
    I just think that it's a great product; No I don't get paid to say =
any of these things, but this is one of the best tips I can give you: =
Think of it plating the metal, not lubricating the felt, and you'll =
start to understand the best ways of using it.    =20
    If you think I'm "all wet", try it out for yourself.
   =20

Kevin Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com