Killer Octave - Warranty Issue?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:43:53 -0400

> #3   I really appeciate it if the piano tech comes to me first and makes
me
> aware of the problem.   This gives me the opportunity to go back to the
> customer and check the piano myself.   Then I can deal with it with out
> getting the customer in a panic.

It certainly had not occurred to me to contact the dealer without talking to
the piano owner first. Something to think about. Maybe I am just too new to
this business yet, and have very little experience with dealers. But my
limited experience with local dealers has been that they have NO pianos with
ANY defects and if they are forced to do a "fix" they do it with the
quickest and least costly bandage without regard to appropriateness or
longevity. Using the car analogy, it would seem odd for my mechanic to
contact the car dealer directly about some trouble with my car without
talking to me about my car first.

I think the trouble here may be that all dealers do not have similar
standards as some up in Saskatoon. Thanks for the comment Roger.

Terry Farrell