Bridge Repairs ?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:40:19 -0500

> Hi Folks, I ran into these today on the nett, have never seen them
> before. Looks like a way of bypassing the use of bridge pins really.
> Anybody tried these ?
> --
> Richard Brekne

Ric,
Oh yes, these little wonders have been around for many many many years. Almost
every old tool box I've bought from tuners' estates has at least a couple of
them. They're usually in the bin with the bronze tuning pin bushings,
soundboard toggles, and rusty 6/0 tuning pins. They are still in the most
recent APSCO catalog, so Schaff is now the proud source. They might actually
work, but I've never installed one, and the ones I've seen installed certainly
didn't, so I can't say for sure. I can't seem to find mine (saved somewhere for
inclusion in my own estate eventually (later, rather than sooner, hopefully)),
and I don't remember exactly, but aren't those three rows of stamped "pins"
vertical?

Ron N