Shigeru Kawai regulation

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:31:34 EDT

Dave says explain this:
<<>     This is ONE reason, I keep my balancier as high as I can. The other
>is  simply to reduce the total amount of work that the pianist's fingers must
>do  in the course of a lot of play. When you consider that some of the
serious
>classical people spend four hours a day playing, the grams add up.

   Ah no,  I stated things poorly there.  When I said "balancier as high as I
can"  I was referring to its postion in escapement. I should have said, "I
keep my drop as high as I can".
   I don't get as clean an escapement when the drop is holding the balancier
BELOW let-off, I like them to be the same.

>>Do you mean that you don't want the jack contacting the knuckle at rest>>
  No,  I set the jacks by feeling the knuckle contact via the tender.
sorry for the phrasing.
Regards,
Ed