Bridge Repairs ?

George geotak@magma.ca
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:11:41 -0400

--=====================_42670433==_.REL
--=====================_42670437==_.ALT
These repair pins look familiar to me Richard.  I sold a Kohler and
Campbell piano to an old lady in 1975 and the whole treble bridge was
equipped with the 24315C type of bridge pin imitations.  Until recently she
was a regular customer with annual tunings at Christmas time.  Now, she is
93 years old, calls infrequently.  They work well in this piano.  The only
time I had to re-secure one of these "gizmos" is about 2 years after
delivery.  Since 1975 I tuned the piano 16 times without any problem except
that one occasion.
The bass bridge has regular pins.
Hope this info. helps you a bit.
George Takats

At 04:47 PM 9/8/01 +0200, you wrote:
>CWINDOWSTEMPnsmail53.jpg
>
>Hi Folks, I ran into these today on the nett, have never seen them before.
>Looks like a way of bypassing the use of bridge pins really. Anybody tried
>these ?
>
>--
>Richard Brekne
>RPT, N.P.T.F.