Tuneoff

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:55:42 +0200

Richard Moody wrote:

> The "aural only" tuners are convinced they can do MUCH better than a
> machine, dave
> _____________________________
> David M. Porritt
>
> NOT this aural tuner.  I posted my sentiments on that seven times.
> (actually my mail software messed up. sorry)  Once was enough I had hoped.
> ; )
>
> Again I don't think good aural tuners are much better than machines.  I
> don't think machines are any better than good aural tuners.  Both have
> their pluses and minuses.

I think a carefull and considered reading of most opinions on the aural side of
the fence would reveal this same basic stance. I certainly aggree 100 % with
Ric Moody on this.

Indeed, thats quite a bit of why I make such a point of useing and continuing
to develope ones "ear only" skills.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.