new soundbaord was Re: Killer Octave - Warranty Issue?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:54:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/01 7:44:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

> I wonder which expensive piano that might be that gets sent back through for
> soundboard replacement when the problem is "discovered"? With such a fine QC
> and recursive correction system in place, I surely must be imagining all
> those
> killer octaves, zero bearing, and negative crowned soundboards in all those
> expensive pianos as well as in the cheap ones.

Ron

Point well taken. But that opens up a whole new subject. Perhaps Del, or one
of the factory reps, can chime in on this. At what point does a manufacturer
say, "this isn't done right, lets do it again." There's got to be some QC. If
the engineering is done right, and the jigs make the parts the same way, how
come one piano has a great sound, and another, from the same line, same
factory, same people, is dead? What is the criteria in the factory for
replacing the board?

Wim