$higeru Kawai regulation

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:15:39 EDT

 Greetings,
I wrote:
> That is why I like a balancier to stay with the
> knuckle all the way through let-off.>>

Dan asks:
<<I don't think the balancier is touching the knuckle after let-off begins.
The drop screw stops it, and the jack takes over. What do you think?

   I may have been more exact to have said I like the balancier to stay with
the knuckle as far through let-off as possible. Depending on how much
aftertouch an action has in it,  the balancier can be in contact with the
knuckle as the tender touches the button, and on the action models I am
looking at here, the jack begins its escapement with the balancier still in
contact, though just barely.
    If there is more aftertouch, the balancier is stopped before the jack
movement. On one model, set with very little aftertouch, the jack is moving
before the knuckle loses contact with the balancier.  I admit, these are very
small differences.
REgards,
Ed