It's been quite a day

David Mayer david@david.net
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:50:45 -0400

Hello,

I've been reading the list for several weeks now, trying to decide if this
is something I wanted to get into -- getting a feel for piano work. But I'll
have been all day. More civil than normal. I was around the city today,
since I work at the UN and wasn't about to go there. I was about 12 blocks
away from 1 WTC when it fell, and even there everyone was very calm. I think
it's because there is no appropriate emotional response. By the evening the
city looked like it does at 4 am. I'm going out now to try to donate blood.
The lines have been huge, and I'm hoping I can get in now.

One more thing, there are no finer people than New York City Firefighters.

David

> I do not know for sure, but I think we piano tuners in the Washington,
D.C.