It's been quite a day

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 06:25:24 -0500

Carol,

I am so glad that you are OK

<<I cannot begin to describe all the thoughts going through my mind.  It
somehow felt unamerican to proceed to work, yet at the same time it felt
unamerican not to try to act normal.>>

I felt the same way yesterday morning. Listening to live radio as they
described only the beginnings of the attack (before the bldgs collapsed), I
had thoughts of cancelling and going home. Then, when I arrived at the first
appt, the customer turned on the TV and I watched as I tuned. Then,
thankfully, the last two appts cancelled, and I went home, glad to be with
my family during this national catastrophe.

<<As I walked through the door of my first tuning appointment today, I was
informed that the Pentagon had been hit.  Now it was personal as this is my
town.>>

We should all feel that this was "personal." I struggled with this for some
time, being thankful that I live in a small town that is not at all a prime
target for attack. But, at the same time, feeling rage that America had been
attacked. Yes, this is quite personal. If our attackers could have, they
would have killed every American. That is their wish, and if they had the
resources, they would try it. So, I take this attack very personally even
though no one I know was directly affected by it.

I hope that God will bless those who lost loved ones, and that our nation
will be more united as a result of this. I ask God's blessings upon
President Bush as he leads us in whatever course, and for all our national
leaders, and for our national security personnel that they might be able to
discover who has done this, in order to take appropriate action. I trust
that our nation will spend some time on its knees, and one of my prayers is
for God to "train our hands for war, and our fingers for battle" (Psalm
144:1) so that we as a nation might bring swift and effective retribution to
those who are responsible for this terrible act.

God bless America.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter