A glue question

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:57:37 EDT

In a message dated 12/09/01 9:00:43 AM, jon.page@verizon.net writes:

<< I'm testing the strength of PVC-E glue now and will have the results in
about 30 minutes. >>

Jon;
 PVC-E glue is great for some applications....... but where there is a
constant repetitive force applied such as on butts and catchers is not one of
them. Since PVC-E stays flexible it will allow 'slippage' when force is
applied. A better choice for your application would be one of the formulated
adhesives such as DUCO or other brand which is designed to slightly etch
plastic as part of the adhering process.
I don't know if CA would work...but if it does I would tend to go with the
'gel' rather than one of the thinner types.
Jim Bryant (FL)