Quality pianos - was Killer Octave

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 07:24:06 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Donald Mannino=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: September 11, 2001 10:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Quality pianos - was Killer Octave

    It's pretty obvious the market is speaking. The only question is =
just what is it saying?
    =20
    Del

  It's saying: "We want to buy the cheapest piano you can make, as long =
as there is a good story behind it, it looks pretty, and my friends will =
think it's nice."

  The friends, of course, only care if the name on the fallboard is =
recognizable.

  Don Mannino RPT

You may well be right, but I certainly hope not.=20

There is another possiblility...the industry really hasn't offered =
anything better for some generations, so why not look for the "cheapest =
piano you can make...."

Del