Additional value for an autographed piano???

Ray T. Bentley Ray@Bentley.net
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:37:59 -0500

on 9/12/01 1:56 PM, Wimblees@AOL.COM at Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

In a message dated 9/12/01 1:04:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
FIXPIANOS@AOL.COM writes:

My customer wants to sell her Baldwin M. It was once owned by opera star
Lily
Pons and has her autograph on the plate. She has no sales receipt or other
documentation to verify this (although I personally don't doubt her).

I believe the piano to be worth around $6K WITHOUT the autograph. It's in
good shape and well maintained, thanks to yours truly (ahem!!!). What
should
I add to the value of this piano (if anything) for the signature?

Thanks..............Donn Young, RPT

Donn
Not to be snide, but to give you an idea of how much the autograph is worth,
who is Lily Pons?

In other words, unless whoever wants to buy the piano knows who Lily Pons
is,
it won't add any value to the piano.

Willem

Wim,

Check out this URL:

http://americanbuilders.com/CJB/LilyPons/

You will soon realize that to some, she was a significant person!

--
Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL

The difficult, I do right away.  The impossible takes a little longer.