It's been quite a day

ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM ROBOTUNER@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:57:33 EDT

          I read Carols post and I too live and work in the DC area and am
still stunned by the recent events.My house is less than four miles from the
pentagon and we still smell the acrid smoke.I was at the dentist yesterday
morning when I heard the news about the WTC.By the time I got home and turned
the news on I felt and heard a loud bang that shook my house.I then heard
that the pentagon had been hit.I had a tuning scheduled at the Dirksen Senate
office bldg. for later in the day that was cancelled.I still attempted to get
across town to our warehouse so I could prep the concert grands going out
later this week.A trip that would usually take twenty minutes took over two
hours.Panic and blocked roads around the Pentagon and National Airport fouled
everything up.I would hate to think what it would be like if the whole city
had to be evacuated.Today I learned that one of my neighbors was on the plane
that crashed into the Pentagon.I also learned that all the events scheduled
for my pianos have been cancelled.
       I tuned four pianos today,and comisserated with my customers,found all
area Starbucks closed,and wish we could all just get back to business as
usual.Canceling everything and closeing stores is just what the terrorists
want.Going on with our daily life undaunted,although difficult,is the real
patriotic thing to do.
      I can see now in the future when I go to tune at government
buildings,includeing the White House,I should expect rigourus and extensive
security...at least I hope so.

Respectfully  Robin Olson RPT