Fw: Recent events

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:49:38 -0400

Here's another voice from Manhattan, this one being my cousin.  The rush of
relief I felt upon receiving this was unreal -- I had no idea where her
office was relative to what has become Ground Zero.  I still don't -- but at
least I know where she is.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rachel C. Reinhardt" <rcarsonreinhardt@hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 4:59 AM
Subject: Recent events

Hello, all.

Today is a hideous day, as you all know.  I just wanted to let y'all know
that yes, I  am fine, and thanks for your concerns. Luckily my apartment is
situated well uptown.  I have yet to leave the apartment - I am glued to the
television, where I've been watching coverage since the beginning and I have
seen things in real-time. I do not know anyone who worked at the WTC, though
I had one scare (a false alarm, Melissa).  However, I am positive that
friends of mine will be effected by this tragedy and I dread finding out
over the next several days.

Tomorrow I will be donating blood and hopefully volunteering at a hospital
where my friend's mom works.  I feel somewhat powerless beyond doing these
things. Downtown remains a mess.

Anyway, I - and everyone I know - is alive.  But you never know...

I am deeply saddened and frightened.  I'm still in shock that these events
are actually REAL. (Seeing the images on TV is a strange sensation -
in-your-face images yet almost movie-like, almost distant. But the horror is
very real)

I pray NONE of you know anyone injured or killed.  If you do, please let me
know.

Love, Rachel