Disaster - Day 2

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

The depth of this terrible disaster is just beginning
to sink in here in London.  After full news
coverage for the last 24 hours it still seems
unbelievable that this could happen.  The sheer
numbers of dead and casualties are incomprehensible.

We are used to living with the threat of terrorism
here, I was caught in an IRA bomb in 1972
and have had two close shaves since, but that pales
into insignificance when compared to
the events yesterday.  Our thoughts are with you as
the whole world tries to come to terms
with this.

I was unaware of this when logging on to this
newsgroup yesterday, after reading the posts I
switched on the television and saw those awful
pictures which have now been shown many
times.

The days and weeks to come will be very difficult and
I will be thinking of my American
colleagues and friends.

Bob Wilson
London.