Additional value for an autographed piano???

Charles E Faulk cfaulk2@juno.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:33:41 -0500

Michael Feinstein, wonderful cafe pianist, former regular pianist/singer
at the renowned Algonquin Hotel, first rate interpreter of the songs of
Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Irving Berlin.

Lily Pons, former Met star, luminescent British  soprano.

Have these stellar giants disappeared from our conscientiousness?

I tuned a Baldwin spinet a few years ago. When I opened the top lid, I
saw the signature of Jose Iturbi written on the back assembly. In my
excitement I called the owner in to show her my discovery. Her reply was,
"Who's Jose Iturbi?"

Too bad these wonderful stars of the past are forgotten.

Ferrante and Teicher used to come in the Baldwin factory often and
autograph pianos. Don't know if their signatures raised the value of the
pianos, but they sure made my day.

Charles Faulk

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:09:06 -0400 "Phil Bondi" <tito@PhilBondi.com>
writes:
> Donn, very recently, a Baldwin SD10 was sold with Michael Feinstein's
> 'john
> hancock' on the plate..it's my opinion that any autograph would have
> to mean
> something to the buyer in order for it to have any real monetary
> value.
>
> ..and don't ask me who Michael Feinstein is!,
> roo(k)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.