Dont know what to say

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:16:01 EDT

In a message dated 12/09/01 9:48:22 PM, nhunt@optonline.net writes:

<< And yet Air Force One had _15_ escorts yesterday morning?  What did they
know
that they did not tell us?>>
That the White House and AF1 were targets.... and they did tell us yesterday
at least CNN told me and several millions of other people yesterday.
AF1 always has three escorts wherever it flys and given the atmosphere in the
air at the time I think it prudent to protect the President regardless of
party or person.......don't you?

<<"At one time we had sky marshals">>
Yes we did and had three hijacking events while sky marshalls were on
board...your point? :-)
It 'has' been ten years since we have had a hi-jacking hasn't it?

<<"EVERY El Al flight has two armed "passengers" on each flight.  Is it any
wonder
that El Al has never had a high jacking?  And we had FOUR in one day?">>
That is true but El Al has also had their planes blown up on the
ground............. as for the "FOUR in one day" actually it was three and
one failed attempt. Any time there are people willing to absolutely give up
their life for their belief then there will always be a way to do what they
want to do.......

<<"THis event took at least a year to plan and set up.  WHO has been asleep
at the
switch?">>
The American people for not demanding action at Beriut, Daharain, The African
Embassy bombings, Moge Deshiu, USS Cole...... among others. The American
people for allowing Congress to let our human intelligence capacity to wither
away and not demanding that it not happen.  Are you willing to accept 'your'
part of the blame?

<<"There should be a response in three days.  I'll wager there will be no
response
in three months.  Any takers?">>
Yep..what's the stake to be? :-)

 This talk of "everything is changed" bothers me> 'If' everything changes
then "they" shall have won..... whoever the heck "they" are and whatever the
heck "won" means.

 The thought, as expressed by some, that we should give up our freedom in
exchange for some nebulous "security" frightens me because to do so will mean
we will be neither "secure" nor "free".
My view.
 Jim Bryant (FL)