Additional value for an autographed piano???

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 06:48:40 -0400

Friends,

Early in my piano service career I came across one of these Ferrante and
Teicher autographed pianos.  It made the piano seem a little special to me,
because at the very least presumably they though the piano was worthy of
their writing their names in it.

I service a 6-year-old Steinway 1098 that is signed by Henry Steinway.  I
gathered that on occasion he would go through the plant and sign pianos.  My
opinion is that these signatures may be important to the current owners, but
since they don't seem to mean any special quality in the piano, it is really
hard to add much value to the piano because of them.

Regards,
Clyde